Slide

Monday, February 22, 2010

Random choice- The Life and Views of Theatre Film

I decided to look at Sherman's final project because Theatre is something that I have not looked at much. Viewing his slides, I learned that theatre is just a business. I thought it was just some people coming together to make an entertaining act for others while getting paid. Knowing that it is a business really changes my perspective on theatre and entertainment. I understand what Sherman says when he says that people are "pushing the envelope" when it comes to content on TV and movies. More and more people are showing things that may offend people or may not be appropriate for some people. The business owners need to understand who their audience is and keep their content fitting to them. Watching the SNL skit concerning Tiger Woods, I enjoyed it and thought it was funny. But I understand that that may be offensive to some people. That's the way entertainment is, it may not be entertaining to some people, but to others it is. Its all a matter of opinion. I also learned theatre is a good way for people to express themselves in a healthy way, like a form of art. It also helps people to understand different opinions and viewpoints.

No comments:

Post a Comment